Here's the recipe for minestrone I brought to our November meeting. Very easy to make, and I can usually pull all the ingredients from my pantry. The recipe from Kathy Droubay was published in a Relief Society cookbook my sister in law gave to me. Yeah for RS cookbooks! :)
Grandma's Minestrone Soup
4 cups water
4 tsp. chicken bouillon
1 onion, chopped
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 large can tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 medium carrots, sliced
1/2 cup elbow macaroni or other small pasta
1 tsp. salt
1 can kidney beans
1 can lima or butter beans
1 can green beans
1/3 tsp. oregano
dash of Italian seasoning
Bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add the rest of the ingredients. Cook until carrots and macaroni are tender. Serve with grated mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
I did make one small change since I needed to make the soup earlier: I cooked the pasta separate and then added right before serving. I was trying to avoid the pasta soaking up too much liquid and becoming soggy.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That sounds so yummy! You should ask my sister Heather to teach once. She has really really good recipes.
ReplyDelete